Decorating Your Bedroom For Autumn
Autumn is upon us! Therefore, now is a great time to give your bedroom a seasonal update and create the perfect cosy vibe. From earthy tones to textures, there is so much available to help you get that autumn aesthetic in your bedroom. If you’re looking for some inspiration, continue reading below.
This new season is filled with an array of warm and earthy tones which you can take so much inspiration from to find something that you love. If you are looking to completely redecorate your room, then we’ve curated a list of autumn colours that would be perfect for your new room:
- Rich and deep reds
- Jewel toned shades
- Forest or olive green
- Mustard yellow
- Maroon or burgundy
- Burnt orange
- Muted brown shades like chocolate, mushroom, or mocha
If you aren’t looking to redecorate completely, take a look below at the different ways to add autumn into your room with decorations such as:
- A vase filled with an autumnal bouquet
- A frame filled with autumn leaves and dried flowers
- Autumn wreath and/or garland
- Prints of autumnal things i.e., pumpkins, leaves, coffee cups, etc.
- Candles or wax melt burners
- Reed diffusers or incense
- Room comforts i.e., blankets, cushions, etc.
- Fairy lights and lamps for softer lighting
- Soft rugs or carpet
You can also use your creative skills to DIY some projects like a wreath or garland! If you prefer a softer light in your room, why not install dimmer switches to control the brightness? This way you can have the option of changing the harshness of the lighting all year round!
Another way to incorporate autumn into your bedroom is to paint your furniture, if the material is suitable. Painting bedside cupboards or your wardrobe in some of the colours mentioned above is a great way to incorporate the colour palette into your room which you can switch out once the season is finished.
Scents are a major part of autumn, whether it’s candles or reed diffusers, aromatherapy is the key to relaxation. Essential oils and seasonal fragrances could be:
- Pumpkin pie/anything pumpkin-related
- Cafe scents such as pastries, coffee, and so on
- Caramel apples/funfair scents
There are so many to choose from and most can be purchased from many different shops such as B&M, Asda, Homesense, and more.
At MyFittedBedroom, we are experts in our field of fitted bedrooms and wardrobes. We have a wide range of different styles and colours to choose from to give your room a new look. If you would like to find out more, get in touch today!